Saturday, November 19, 2011

Laura's Wedding Collateral

I know I mentioned my most recent wedding collateral job in my last post, but everything turned out so fantastic I wanted to feature them. 

Laura is a coworker of mine and was introduced to me because she needed help with her wedding invitations. After emailing with her a bit I found out she had a vision of really great, creative and hand-made invitations. I loved the feel she as going with for her wedding. She told me she would be having lots of lace and burlap and would be using vintage hankies to make a garland that would be hung along the aisle. We discussed two very different directions for her invitations. One would go with the hankie garland route, but the other one would be more about the lace. This is what she decided on – a 3 piece set of invitation, rsvp postcard, and a map/directions card. We loved the look of white ink on craft paper, so I decided I would have two different rubber stamps made, one for the white ink and another for the pink. It was a lot of work, but I loved every minute of it. We couldn't have asked for a better outcome!




When it came time to talk about her programs I found out Laura an equally exciting vision. We decided on a 5" x 5" booklet with 3 pages. Luckily Laura had a ton of left over hankies from her garland project and I was able to use those as the covers. We wanted to pull in the burlap, so I cut a scalloped edge about 2 inches wide. I decided to sew all the pieces together as the binding. Each program is unique because of the fabulous vintage hankies. Our goal with this project was to create something the wedding guests would hold on to instead of littering them around the ceremony site. From what Laura said, our goal was accomplished and the guests absolutely loved the programs. 


I am extremely happy with the outcome of this project. I am so thankful for the opportunity to create something so crafty and hand-made. I am looking forward to my next few projects which will allow me to continue working with Laura on her sister's wedding shower invitations AND will give me the opportunity to work with Laura's sister, Julia on her wedding collateral. 

I am also grateful to Laura's wedding photographer, Alyse French, for taking such great photos of these invitations. Visit her website and check out her blog to see the other incredible details from Laura's wedding. 

love,
jules

ALL PHOTOS COPYRIGHT 2011 ALYSE FRENCH PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment